(WCCO) Nick Brown, 11, was playing on his Apple iBook laptop about one month ago when, like most children, he got distracted and left the room.
His mom, Cindy Brown, explains what happened next. “My husband and I were in the other room, heard a popping noise, came out and the room was filled with smoke,” she said.
Heat from the laptop, which was lying on the floor, had started melting the carpet. The Browns quickly carried it outside.
Dave Brown grabbed his camera. His pictures show flames shooting from the lower right hand corner of the laptop. The area around the lower right side is blackened immediately.
More pictures show the laptop continuing to burn, eventually causing large flames to shoot out of it. Eventually, the laptop is melted to the Browns’ patio. …….. [more]
Don’t buy the new Apple iBook!