I decided that today is a positive day, and we should all think positive. Deal?
Every time I talk about Arabs on my website, I get the two or three or dozen guys and gals that write this to me, “Mona you are wrong! You are giving us a bad image!” I am going to bluntly say this, “I am not wrong, and not giving anyone a bad image.”
I am only stating an opinion of my life experiences and surroundings. My surroundings and people that I have interacted with are totally different than yours or hers or his living somewhere else. That’s reality and it is inevitable. However, I am not giving anyone a bad image. I have no intention to give anyone a bad image, because I am the last person on earth to talk badly about people. I don’t gain or lose anything if I do, so why do it?
I will tell you guys something. You see, although I write so much criticism on this blog about various topics that pertain to my culture, but I love, adore and respect it. When you love something so much, you criticize it to make it better. You make your voice heard and try change it. My way of pertaining this love is to talk about the positives and negatives. It’s like criticizing a musical ballad. It’s still beautiful, people listen to it, but you have to criticize it so the next time a new music ballad is made, it would be much better.
Outcome of the Continuous Criticism
Over 60% of my daily readers are none Arab. But why? Simple. They relate to me. They feel they have a connection to me as a human being. I am no different than them. I just happen to know another language, have a different religion, but I am a girl with similar problems and opinions about life. Therefore, they have a different view of what Arabs really are now, because I try to represent one as being just another human being like everyone else.
Over 60% of my daily readers are none Arab. Again, why? Simple. They are interested in cultures, but they don’t know where to find someone talking about it so freely, and discussing the goods and bads like anyone else. No one is perfect, but some think that their culture is anyways, and rebuff any negative opinions toward it.
This week, a lady emailed me a very pompous message saying that she loves my blog, because she loves Arabs and is married to one. Not only that, she moved to an Arab country because she does!
My response: Sweet!
Enlightening me with your Thoughts
Finally, I have been so busy with life, and I know many people have been emailing me asking me questions and awaiting a response.Â I apologize that I haven’t replied yet. I am behind with over a week’s worth of unanswered emails. I usually don’t reply to all of them. Maybe only 90% of them, and the other 10%, well, somethings I don’t have an answer for.
I can’t answer a question about married life to an Arab and the problems that arise. I don’t have the experience to do it, so why make up something? I am just trying to not give you an opinion about something that I have no experience with just to make me look like I know everything. I am not Dear Abbey. I don’t know everything, but I do know a lot, because I really think hard and is very logical (programmer’s brain).
Therefore, bear with me people. My life is hectic as it is. My daily blogging has drastically decreased since I started this new job of my mine 6 months ago, and it got way worse when I started taking classes again in January. I am trying really hard here, and my blog is not the number one priority in my life anymore like it used it be for the past four years. It is just number three!
The beauty of all that I have written today is that I am thankful to be alive. That I have a good active and busy life, and I hope from the bottom of my heart that my culture grows again to stamp its prestige in history.